How Can I Help?
You can become part of a team of researchers and study participants who are committed to learning more about type1 and type 2 diabetes and helping imrove quality of life among children and young adults. The information we learn in this research study will improve our understanding of how education, diagnosis, and the costs of having diabetes can affect the people who live with this disease every day. The tests we do may help us better understand the short and long term effects of diabetes. Although you may not directly benefit from participating in this research study, you are part of a team of researchers and study participants who are committed to learning more about type 1 and type 2 diabetes among children and young adults. However, this study may more clearly tell us about your type of diabetes and whether you have any of the complications of diabetes.
You may be asked to:
You will receive:
- Complete a brief survey. (some sites may have an online option available).
- Complete an in-person visit (if eligible).
- Have your height, weight, waist, and blood pressure measured.
- Have your blood drawn and provide a urine sample for tests related to diabetes.
- $10 for completion of a brief survey.
- Up to $80 as a thank for completing an in-person study visit (if eligible).
- Your test results, which you may choose to share with your doctor.
Find a SEARCH Study Location:
For further information, please contact your local SEARCH Study team: